Dangerous Bacteria Can Lurk Inside Nose, Study Finds
People who carry staph can transmit life-threatening infections in hospital setting
Health Tip: Warning Signs of a Serious Sore Throat
Call a doctor if it lasts more than a week
Health Tip: Ease the Sting of Strep Throat
Offer the right liquids to drink
Health Tip: Having Balance Problems?
Here are typical warning signs
Nosebleeds Common But Seldom Serious, Study Finds
Most patients hospitalized for heavy bleeds need only minor treatment
Take Infection Precautions When Using Nasal-Rinsing Products: FDA
Neti pots and similar devices to clear sinuses require proper cleaning, water type
Listed in the directory are some common conditions of the ear, nose, and throat in the growing child.
Middle-ear infections are the most common cause of earaches in children.
The sinuses are cavities, or air-filled pockets, that are near the nasal passage.
It is estimated that 45 percent of all adults snore occasionally, and 25 percent habitually snore...
The common cold is one of the most common illnesses, leading to more doctor visits and absences from school and work than any other illness every year.
Seasonal allergies and colds have similar symptoms but some important differences...
Multidisciplinary Ear, Nose and Throat Care
Wuesthoff’s multidisciplinary provides comprehensive care for conditions that affect the ear, nose and throat. Our highly skilled ENT doctors (or otolaryngologists) provide care for everything from earaches and sinus conditions, to addressing issues that involve hearing, balance, taste, and speech and language.
Ear, nose and throat doctors are trained in both medical and surgical treatment, so when surgery is necessary your ENT doctor is able to provide treatment without referring you to another doctor. Wuesthoff Health System offers a full range of services to provide care for:
- Hearing and ear conditions – Infections, hearing problems and balance disorders.
- Nasal conditions – Allergies and sinus problems, including the latest treatments for chronic sinusitis.
- Throat and voice conditions – Voice and swallowing-related conditions, and upper digestive tract and esophageal disorders.
- Head and neck conditions – Cancer, infectious disease, thyroid disease and nerve conditions that affect sight, smell, hearing and facial nerves.
- Facial reconstructive and plastic surgery – Aesthetic or reconstructive concerns due to trauma, surgery, congenital malformations and aging.
ENT specialty care, advanced technology
We are committed to providing patients with the most advanced technologies and treatment options, including robotic techniques for thyroid surgery, transoral robotic surgery (TORS) for mouth and throat cancers, and Balloon Sinuplasty™ and endoscopic techniques to treat nasal conditions. Ear, nose and throat doctors work with audiologists, neurologists and other specialists to deliver comprehensive care.
Osler Sinus Center
2222 S. Harbor City Blvd., Suite 440
Melbourne, FL 32901