Home Infusion Therapy
High-quality, safe infusion therapy at home
Wuesthoff Health System’s home care professionals provide infusion therapy in the comfort and privacy of your own home. Our infusion pharmacists, nurses and registered dietitians are specially trained in intravenous (IV) infusion therapy, and work closely with your doctor to provide quality care.
We help coordinate an overall home care plan with your home health nurse, and specialized infusion nurses provide training and education so patients and caregivers understand therapeutic goals. The infusion solutions are expertly prepared using state-of-the-art equipment, and careful monitoring and inventory control assures appropriate supplies and equipment at all times. Home infusion services also include:
- Emotional support and counseling to ease the transition from hospital to home care.
- Monitoring of clinical and treatment success.
- Identifying and discussing any related problems or reactions with your doctor to determine if adjustments are necessary.
- Nutritional assessments, performed by registered dietitians who are trained in total parenteral nutrition (TPN) and enteral therapy.
- Processing of claims to Medicare, HMOs, Medicaid, private insurance companies and other providers.