Sub-acute rehabilitation care
Wuesthoff Health System offers inpatient skilled nursing care for patients who are discharged from the hospital, but are not yet ready to return home. Our transitional care program offers short-term assistance (30 days or fewer) to help patients reach the highest level of functioning possible. Transitional care services include:
- Comprehensive, 24-hour nursing care under the direction of a doctor.
- Physical, occupational, and speech and language therapies to improve overall functioning and mobility.
- Appropriate recreational, social and spiritual activities based on individual needs and interests.
- Recommendations and assistance with developing a post-discharge care plan to ensure continuity of care.
Transitional care admission criteria
Ask your doctor if transitional care is appropriate for you. In order to receive transitional care, patients must:
- Have a doctor’s referral that prescribes a planned regimen of care based on immediate and long-term needs.
- Require skilled nursing care daily or rehabilitation services (physical, occupational or speech therapy) five days a week.
- For Medicare recipients, patients must have a three-day medically necessary qualifying hospital stay.